Famously, the only member of the Spice Girls named after an actual spice. Aside, of course, from Pumpkin. Originally a Spice Girl, Ginger Spice (real name: Geri Halliwell) went on to pursue a relatively successful solo career and worked as a judge on The X Factor and as a guest judge on Rupaul’s Drag Race. Ginger Spice, like the rest of the Spice Girls, had many ‘looks’, but is most famous for her ginger hair and Union Flag dress.
So, if you’re going to put together a group costume with some of your friends, or think that you can go solo like the real Ginger Spice, you’ll need at least two things: a ginger wig and a Union Flag dress. We’ve put together a bunch of must-haves for any enthusiasts – read on for more!
Spinbit Girl Ginger Wig Spice Wig
This wig is a great option for anyone on a budget. It’s not the most realistic-looking, but you’re probably not going to be mistaken for the real Ginger Spice from over 20 years ago, so don’t worry too much. It’s certainly vibrant, and the colours will really stand out. It’s also got the lighter ‘fringe’ pieces at either side, which were inexplicably everywhere at the time.
Alacos Fashion Ginger Spice Wig
- Imported Synthetic Heat Resistant Full Head Wig: Thick Fiber, Soft and Natural-Looking
- Free Gift Wig Cap , used to fix your own hair better. Wig needs to re-style by yourself when receive because it may be flat and squeezed after long term transportation.
- Multi-using Orange Curly Wig for Halloween, Costume, Pennywise Cosplay, Wedding Party etc with affordable Price
Unlike a lot of synthetic wigs, this wig is a really nice shade and doesn’t look too reflective. It also comes with pretty waves, which could be straightened or altered but are nice as they are. Although Scary Spice’s most iconic looks come from her Spice Girls days, this is closer to her current colour and will compliment most skin tones nicely. This might not be the most wild and wacky wig, but it does the job and does it well.
Ginger Spice or Daphne from Scooby Doo?
- Color: orange
- Weight: around 280g(± 20g)/set
- Length: 45cm/18"(± 5cm/2")
This next wig is longer than the previous two, and slightly darker. Don’t allow this to put you off, for two reasons: one, Ginger Spice has often had hair like this, and two, you can easily reuse this as a Daphne costume from Scooby Doo. Customers have responded positively to this wig, and like how it’s laid.
BERON Long Wavy Charming Full Synthetic Wig
- Cap Size: This wig has soft, adjustable straps to fit most size/shape heads, average fit 21.25 - 22.25 inches head circumference.
- Specification: Length from crown to ends-25 Inches Approx, Weight-250g Approx, Color-Orange.
- About The Style: All wigs are trimmed by hand, so the hairstyle may go slightly difference from different batch, you can style this wig base on your need.
Our final wig is the longest, and falls in gentle ringlets down over your shoulders and chest. It’s easy to put on and use because of the wig cap that’s included, so you won’t have to worry about spending ages getting it to sit properly. It’s also straightforward to adjust, which means it can be used on children and adults and would make a great addition to a costume box after you’ve finished with Ginger Spice.
Union Jack Dress
- Includes Ginger Power, 1990s Icon Costume, Red & Blue, with Union Jack Dress
- Bust 34.5-35.5" / Waist 26.5-27.5" / Hip 37-38" / Leg Inseam 32.5"
- Our dedicated in-house Safety team ensure that all of our products are manufactured and rigorously tested to comply with the latest EU and American Safety standards and regulations.
Geri Haliwell, along with Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham), Baby Spice (Emma Bunton), Sporty Spice (Melanie Chisholm) and Scary Spice (Melanie Brown/Mel B) (click HERE for a Scary Spice outfit) made up the most successful girl group of all time. Her ginger hair might be her most instantly recognisable feature, but there’s much more to both her look and her personality than that. Find a Union flag dress, grab some platform boots and light blue eyeliner and listen to some of her greatest hits to really get in the mood for some good, girl power fun.