Wigs have come back into fashion for a number of reasons. Whether you’re dealing with hair loss, exploring the fun words of cosplay or costuming, or simply enjoy expressing yourself through your hair color, a wig is a healthy and fun hair substitute that lets you try on many different styles, colors, and shapes without damaging your hair or cutting it frequently. Neon wigs are especially popular right now due to their eclectic and fun versatility. Whether you’re dressing as your favorite anime character or just planning a bright yellow look, a neon wig is a perfect addition to your wardrobe.
Now that there are so many wig suppliers out there, it’s important to know exactly what kinds of wigs are best for you. You’ll want to pick a quality wig that fits your face shape while maintaining its condition and color for a long time. It can be hard to sort through all the options out there, so we’ve put together a guide to picking out the best wigs, as well as some of our favorite wig recommendations and even some suggestions for how to style them! Keep reading for the ultimate neon wig guide.
A Buyer’s Guide to Neon Wigs
1. Select Your Style
When selecting a wig, you need to decide on the shape and style for you. You may decide to choose a wig style that looks similar to the style of your own hair, or you might feel a little adventurous and try out a new cut with a fresh and neon colour. Either way, deciding on the colour and cut beforehand will give you a great head start on your journey.
2. Cap it Off
Once you’ve decided on a style, this will help you to decipher which cap construction is best for you. For people who want more flexibility with styling and parting, a lace front wig allows you to part the hair on the wig wherever you like. This allows you to style the wig in a way that suits you best, helping you to feel more comfortable and confident in your wonderful new wig. If you’re going for a more specific look, for example, if you’re modeling after a certain character, you may want a simple capped wig that pulls on easily, rather similar to the Halloween wigs you may have worn as a child.
3. Real or Synthetic?
One of the biggest decisions you need to make is whether to invest in a human hair wig or a synthetic wig. Human hair wigs are often seen as superior as they obviously feel and look like real hair, which often comes at a greater price. However, synthetic wigs can have equivalent quality at a much cheaper price, which is often the better pick for people who might need a variety of wigs.
What Neon Wigs Do We Recommend?
Picking out a quality wig can be a challenge, especially for first-time wig wearers. Here are our recommendations for the best quality wigs at multiple price points!
This wig is a great selection for first-time and experienced wig wearers for a number of reasons. First of all, the wig has an included cap with an adjustable band, allowing for multiple parts and styles while still keeping the wig securely fastened to your head. This cute wig is synthetic yet high quality, which keeps it very affordable while providing a long-lasting and functional wig. The wig also comes in over twenty colours, including some very fun and fresh neon shades that are perfect for parties, costumes, or even dressing up your next look.
- Cap Size: About 22.5 Inches with Adjustable Straps, 2 adjustable straps could help you adjust the wig cap size less or more for about 1-1.5 inches.
- Specification: Length:13.5"-14" from top to end, 21.5"-22" from front to back(the bangs and scalp included), Weight-200g Approx, Color-Lavender Purple.
- About The Style: All wigs are trimmed by hand, so the hairstyle may go slightly difference from different batch, you can style this wig base on your need.
This is another solid choice for wig-wearers. A simple wavy style with no bangs, this wig is easily styled and shaped to whatever your specific costuming or personal preferences are. Also available in a variety of fun neon colors, this synthetic wig sits smoothly and flush to your scalp, allowing for a perfectly natural look however long you wear it. Affordable, fun, and colourful, this wig is a wonderful addition to any closet!
- Length: 14" Weight: 0.33 Pound, about 200 g. Density: 130%, thick wig. Perfect for Halloween, cosplay, theme parties, costume party, or just for fun. Head circumference is about 22 inches.
- Material: Top Quality Heat Resistant Imported Synthetic :Super Soft,Skin Friendly, Healthy and Natural Looking
- Wig Net: Classic Hand Woen Rose Net breathable and comfortable
This is the priciest recommendation we’ll make, but it’s worth every penny. Made from real human hair, this wig is guaranteed high quality and durability while maintaining a natural look. It acts and looks just like real hair, meaning it’s easily washable and stylable for extra care. Available in a variety of colours and lengths, this wig is hand-plucked and trim for a natural and seamless appearance that will dazzle anyone who sets eyes on it.
- Thick and Healthy Hair: Short Bob Lace Wig 100% Raw Virgin Human Hair,Unprocessed Real Remy Hair collected from individual health donor.One Direction cuticle.Our wholesale production including material select,cleaning, washing,texture making is without using any chemical process.NO shedding.NO tangles.NO lice.Thick and very soft texture.Can be Dyed,Restyled,Highlight, Curled or Straightened
- Natural Hairline with babyhair: Slight bleached knot Around Perimeter, Pre Plucked natural hairline and baby-hair resemble to real full 150% density hair together, Designed as real human scalp natural and durable
- Adjustable Straps and Medium Cap Size: You can adjust the size freely according to your head at 1, 2, 3 positions. 13x4 Swiss Lace Size Hand made in the front lace area and machine wefted of other areas.Combs added in front and 2 side to keep secure, Medium cap size circumference about 22.5inch
Style and Costuming Ideas for Neon Wigs
Once you have your new neon wig, you may be wondering exactly how to style or dress it up. Incorporating your new wig into your routine is far easier than you might think, and we’ve put our favorite tips and tricks below for you to follow!
These dress up any wig and elevate your look from sleek to elegant in the blink of an eye!
The classic wig look, this style stays curled and perfect for a long time when transferred to a wig!
The quintessential cool-girl look, a sleek bob is effortlessly chic and smooth for any look!
Sailor Neptune from Sailor Moon
The classic anime, Sailor Moon, has a lot of diehard fans around the world and makes for great costumes! Cosplaying Sailor Neptune lets you dive into cooler colors and funky wigs while exploring the roots of the ocean with Sailor Neptune!
Sakura Haruno from Naruto
The classic anime, most of us can relate to having watched at least one episode of Naruto. The female star, Sakura, is a great character to cosplay; her bright pink wig and fierce personality are two of the best things about her!
Ariel from Little Mermaid
This one is a great choice for anyone looking to get into neon hair without diving into the anime world. Star as the classic underwater princess yourself with a neon red wig and dazzle people above and below the water!
If you enjoyed this neon wigs blog you might also like to read about pastel wigs.