For your next fancy dress party, why not replicate the pop icon, Michael Jackson with a Michael Jackson wig? This guide will show you some of the best Michael Jackson wigs available online, so that you can honour the king of pop himself.
Michael Jackson is a pop icon who everybody knows and has heard of, as well as knowing at least one of his songs. He was a singer/songwriter who was known for putting on a show with his incredible dance moves that people still attempt to replicate today. He actually gave a name to the popular dance move that we now know of as the ‘moonwalk’. He is the most awarded artist in the history of popular music, with ‘Thriller’ being the best selling album of all time. He had a complicated life with a lot of drama and allegations surrounding him, before his death in 2009 that was brought on by an overdose.
As well as being multi-talented, he also influenced a lot in terms of fashion due to his unique sense of style and boldness. So let’s take a look at some of the his hairstyles through the years:
While being in the Jackson 5, Michael Jackson had an afro, that was eventually replaced in the 80s’ by the Jheri Curl. The Jheri Curl was becoming popular in the 80s’, to achieve the look one had to use a relaxer chemical to straighten the hair, and then spray an activator hairspray into the hair to bring the natural curls to life and to bring a glossy effect. He later wore jheri curls in his ‘Thriller’ music video, but he had let them grow longer, parted them at the side, and let some bits hang over his eye. This hairstyle became one of his most famous. Later, Michael started to mix his activator with water, giving his jheri curls a more loose look, this is another famous look of his and was often seen on tours.
One day while filming an advert for Pepsi, Michael Jackson suffered burns to his scalp that affected him massively, making him lose much of the thickness in his hair and forcing him to wear a hairpiece over the burned spots. He wore hairpieces for the rest of his life.
In the late 80s’ Michael had grown his jheri curls long and he combed them to make the curls more loose and shaggy. When the 90s’ arrived, Michael had gotten rid of almost all of his curls and wore a long and sort of stringy hairstyle called a ‘wave nouveau’ that is more wavy than curly.
Please note that before dressing up as Michael Jackson you need to test your privilege and make sure that you do it respectfully. If you are not somebody who does not identify as black culturally, or racially, then wearing a jheri curl wig or an afro wig, for example, is disrespectful. Now that you know a little more about the King of Pop’s hairstyles, here are some of the best Michael Jackson wigs that you can buy online:
Best Michael Jackson Wig
- Medium-length curly black hair
- Accessories make the costume
- Spot clean
This curly wig looks like Michael Jackson’s jheri curl look in which he let some lie loose across his face. This will look great paired with a thriller costume.
- Perfect choice for Halloween, party, show and other occasions. It's useful all year round for cosplay, fashion or just for fun.
- Material: High-quality synthetic hair fibers, soft and breathable, you will be comfortable wearing it.
- Size: Basic wig cap and adjustable strap inside, which can fit different head sizes.
This is one of Michael Jackson’s looks from the later years, which you can pair with any of Michael Jackson’s iconic outfits and people will still know who are. This is one that anybody can wear respectfully and if you really want to go for the thriller outfit, this hairstyle can still go with that look for a style that the king of pop himself would approve of.
Another wig that replicates Michael’s style in the thriller music video, this one looks great and also features Michael’s iconic loose curls that he has in the video.
- [The Perfect MJ Wig!] Curly black hair wig for a pop star wig is ideal for Michaels later looks! Also, can be used for a vampire, billy butcherson, macho man wig, jon sno costume, and many more.
- [One Size For Adults & Children] This versatile wig fits most adults and kids- men, women, boys, and girls!
- [Quality Costume Wig] High-quality synthetic hair is soft, realistic, and natural looking. A fun wavy look that can also be used for Aquaman.
Another ponytail look, this wig shows Michael’s style that he often had later in life. The wig is thick and definitely recognisable as the king of pop himself.
You may also like this Michael Jackson Wig:
- What you will get: includes 1 piece of long curly black wig, 1 pair of gloves, 1 piece glittery microphone and 1 pair of sunglasses, adequate to meet your needs
- Good quality: the spangles on the gloves will not fall off easily, and glitter microphones look realistic, a black plastic handle and silver glitter head, made of quality material, it is durable and long lasting use
- Long curly black wig: the wig is made of fabric with elastic band, looks realistic, increase party fun, enjoy the whole party process, make you different and more lively
This set has a wig that shows Michael’s style later in life, and it also includes his sunglasses and gloves that have become symbols of the pop star. As well as a microphone so that you can belt out some of the best songs ever written.
- Right hand sequined glove
- Licensed Michael Jackson merchandise
- Zippered child-size jacket sold separately
Michael is known for wearing a singular white and sequinned glove. This addition to your costume will add even more depth and perfection to your costume.
- Officially licensed Michael Jackson costume socks; look for trademark on label and packaging to help assure you've received an authentic safety-tested item
- Child's silver sequin sparkle costume socks with stir-up
- One size; designed for children ages 6+
As well as gloves, he is known for his white socks, these glittery socks will stand out and make your feet stand out as you moonwalk your way across the dance floor.
- Brand new Fantastic quality Retro MJ Bundle
- Great accessory for any Adult Retro MJ costume
- This posting includes: Black fedora, glittered glove and sunglasses as featured
This set comes with Michael Jackson’s black fedora, sunglasses, and his singular white glove. Adding a mid length black wig to this outfit will make sure that your costume honours the king of pop.
If you are looking at more costume ideas for pop stars then check out these Beatles wigs.