If you’re a video-game lover, chances are high that you’ve heard of Princess Zelda before. The iconic character is the namesake of Nintendo’s beloved Legend of Zelda series. A member of the royal family, friend of the main character Link, and magical goddess, Zelda is a powerful maiden and warrior who fights against her captors and alongside her friend Link to save her kingdom and her loved ones. Gifted with the powers of magic, teleportation, telepathy, and spell-casting, Zelda is a powerful figure in her world and an iconic video game character many love and look up to. Her many iterations throughout versions of the game means there’s plenty of cosplay opportunities to dress up as there are a wide variety of Zelda wig options available. Read on for our favorite Zelda wigs from different incarnations of the beloved character!
The Best Zelda Wigs for Cosplay
Original Brunette from Legend of Zelda
- Material:High quality synthetic & 100% Japanese high-temperature resistance fibers.
- Wide Range of Uses:Use it year round and you can use it for costume, fashion, or just for fun. Adjustable net-cap fits most head size.
- Easy to Wash: You only use a little mild shampoo in cold water. It may be mess during the shipment, please groom it when you receive it before using.
The very first game Zelda appears in depicts her as a sweet damsel in distress. Her chestnut locks are regally styled and sit primly atop her royal dress, making this a chic and elegant wig for any cosplayer to use or reuse.
Long and Blonde from A Link to the Past
This fun variation on Zelda’s look depicts her as a powerful warrior with long blonde locks that tumble down her back and flow radiantly as she runs. To best show off the princess’s character here, we like this shiny and flowing blonde wig with styling variety that can cater to your preference.
- 100% Brand New & 100% High temperature fiber
- Please Note: Due to extrusion during packaging or during transport, the wig might be out of shape when you received. Don't worry, please take one or two minutes to comb it, or use an electric hair rod to straighten it, it will be the same as in the picture.
- Length: Approx 100cm/40 Inch
Curly and Purple from A Link Between Worlds
This stunning purple crown of hair from the game A Link Between Worlds demonstrates the more powerful and brooding side of Zelda. Appearing here as Princess Hilda, Zelda’s hair matches the darker tone of the game and presents a stunning contrast to her lighter shades. Her beautiful purple tones are a standout!
- Material:100% high-quality heat resistant synthetic fiber of Japanese, which is very soft, the color and texture looks as natural as human hair, it's also not easy to tangle and just minimal shedding. Furthermore, the hair can be Permed, Straightened, Dyed and Cut, easily satisfy any idea you have.
- Size:28"/70cm.The size fit most People;The hook inside the hat can be adjusted to fit your head.
- Reusable:The item is easy to wash and care for by using a little mild shampoo in cold water.You can reuse it for many times.It can still have a good shape after a couple of washes.
Regal and Blonde from Ocarina of Time and Sheik
This iteration of Zelda is one of the most well-known, as Ocarina of Time is a famous Legend of Zelda video game. Here the princess appears as a regal figure not unlike Princess Aurora, with the same flowing auburn locks and intricate braids that other stunning cosplayers have debuted. This sweet style is sure to appeal to all.
- ❤PACKAGE INCLUDES: 1* Princess Zelda wig.
- ❤LENGTH&COLOR: Long blonde wig.
- ❤MATERIAL&SIZE: Breathable and adjustable lace net with hooks, suitable for head 45-62cm. Heat resistant fiber, can withstand a temperature of 180℃ (356℉).
Blonde and Bun-Styled from Tetra (Wind Waker & Phantom Hourglass)
This cute spiky look is one of the rare updos the princess sports throughout her character. Rock the beautiful blonde ponytail/bun ensemble and demonstrate the versatility of your cosplay abilities by showing off an updo instead of the classic longer wigs associated with Zelda.
- Material:The wigs is made from heat resistant synthetic fiber, which can be heated under 120 Celsius
- Wig Cap Size: The Cap fits on most people, you can just adjust the hooks inside the cap to the correct size to suit your head
- Features:Simulation scalp design,Skin- friendly fit, natural and real,easy-style, not easy to tangle
As the Zelda character evolves, we can be certain that her hairstyles will, too. These five options are a great baseline for the character’s iconic styles and looks, but as Nintendo continues to innovate you can count on even more fun and fresh looks for the Princess appearing in the cosplay world!
Until then, check out some other cosplay ideas here for fun characters to take on.
Which Zelda wig is for you?