Witches are iconic figures in popular culture, especially when it comes to Halloween and spooky season. From bloodthirsty and demonic to sexy and sweet, witch costumes can run the gamut from downright terrifying to fun and cute. Witches make a great costume for all ages and genders, and there’s no doubt that no matter which witch you pick, you’ll have a great costume that will have all your friends and family talking about how spooky you are! Let’s look at some of the most iconic witch costumes out there to see which witch (and which witch wig) might fit your style best! Enjoy these best witch wigs for Halloween.
Iconic Witch Dress Up Ideas and the Wigs You’ll Need for Them
Wicked Witch of the West
This historic figure from the well-loved Wizard of Oz story made witches popular for all ages. Famous for her green skin and dark black hair, any age can dress up as this frightening and powerful witch mastermind! Try this wig for the famed witch’s tangled black curls.
Or, if you want to emulate her more tame days by dressing up as Elphaba from the musical Wicked, you can try the sleeker black wig found here.
The famous evil witch from Harry Potter is probably one of the scariest witches out there! Bellatrix is known for her crazy laughter and her cunning smile, but she’s also famous for her curly mop of pitch-black hair that adds the perfect touch to any witch’s costume. Check out this textured showstopper to get those perfectly coiffed Lestrange curls.
- Material: 100% Top Quality High Temperature Synthetic Wig.Soft and comfortable,natural as real hair!
- Adjustable net cap(21.5-24.5 inch) fit most Women or Girl.Wig length:24 inch.
- The Brown wig perfect for Fancy Dress, Cosplay,Halloween, Costumes,Role Play,Themed Party,Daily use or Just Fun.
This well-loved witch from Hocus Pocus is one of the most famous Halloween characters of all time. The zany and colorful ringleader of the Sanderson sisters, Winifred rocks out Halloween night with her red buns and sinister smile that will leave any true Halloween fan smiling (even as they flee the might of the Sandersons!) Here’s our favorite Winifred Sanderson wig, complete with her signature red buns. You can also find a kid’s version here.
- Heat resistant synthetic fiber wig.Natural style,Soft,Comfortable and Breathable.Can be reused!
- Adjustable net cap(22-24.5 inch) fit most Women or Girls.
- The short red wig perfect for Halloween,Cosplay,Costume,Theme party or Just fun.
Jadis the White Witch
Narnia fans will be instantly chilled by any cosplayer daring to emulate the power and fright of the white witch. Her huge blonde locks add the perfect menacing touch to this icy white appearance, making her an iconic figure in witch history and a great choice for someone who doesn’t want to have to wear all black. Look here for the perfect Jadis wig that adds the finishing touch to any Narnia inspired ensemble.
- 【FEATURED KEY POINT】➤ Heat resistant synthetic fiber, it's not that shiny stiff material, instead very soft and matte; Athough it’s synthetic non-lace front wig, but looks and feels like natural hair. The length is about 21.7” and it weighs in 0.8lb, the voluminous wig has very thick bouncy, soft and lush curls and the curls held up really well; This girl’s wig is pre-styled and is ready-to-wear. So, It’s a perfect addition to complete your Halloween costume outfit
- 【WIG CAP DIMENSIONS】➤ Its lightweight cap has spaces between the wefts to allow for ventilation and keep your scalp cool, average cap size circumference 22.5 Inches. It has 2 adjustable straps with 8 hooks which can fix to a comfortable position for different head sizes people(can be wearing by anyone regardless of head shape and size, such as adults women, teenagers girls and maybe little child)
- 【UPGRADED MATERIAL】➤ This wig is made of 100% High Temperature Fiber. Natural, soft and comfortable just like human hair than other synthetic fibers. It can be heat styled using thermal styling tools up to 180℃/350℉(as long-term exposure to heat can potentially change the texture of the wig fiber)
Melisandre the Red Witch
Game of Thrones watchers will instantly recognize the imposing gaze of Melisandre, the Red Witch. Her pared down ensemble pops as she runs through the world, especially with her red, velvety longer locks that emphasize her as the true Red Witch. Our favorite red witch wigs can be found here for the perfect addition to your Melisandre look.
- ❤Including: (100% Heat-resistant Synthetic Fiber) Game of Thrones Melisandre Wig + Wig Cap.
- ❤High Temperature Heat Resistant Fiber, which look more natural. It could be permed by iron for DIY your own style.
- ❤This wig has soft, adjustable straps to fit most size/shape heads, average fit 22.8 - 24.5 inches head circumference.
Perhaps the most iconic witch in modern history, a whole generation of young girls grew up loving the illustrious Hermione Granger. Her bushy yet beautiful brown hair was a key part of her character in the books and movies, and it takes on a new life in the stage play as a beautiful textured puff of natural hair. For the book-inspired look, try this wig. Movie fans should look here for her rather softer brown curls, while those looking to emulate Hermione as the Minister of Magic should stick to our top picks here. Littler Hermione Granger fans can find a child-sized version here.
- Officially licensed Harry Potter costume accessory
- Costume accessory available in One Size; wigs may require fluffing and styling when removed from package the first time; store on wig form or stuffed with paper
- Costume accessory available in One Size
For those looking to become a powerful witch without emulating anyone in particular, here are our three other favorite witch wigs for a spooky and haunting appearance that will be sure to scare anyone you encounter when you’re prowling (or flying) about on Halloween.
Take on the appearance of the dead in this slightly creepy, zombie-inspired wig. Green is a great color for witches not only because of its homage to Elphaba but because of its eerie similarity to mold and dust. Tower over your foes in this curly green black ensemble that adds color and dimension to any witch’s outfit.
The modern witch will find this chic black and white wig a perfect addition to their crooked witches’ hat. With color-blocked sections of white and black, this ombre style wig is wavy, luscious, and stylish, making it a great choice for the fashion-inclined witch looking to make a statement.
- High-quality Material: Upgraded Japanese synthetic fiber, matte color, soft touch, giving the wearer the same wearing feeling as real hair
- Adjustable Wig Cap : Built-in 2 elastic straps, 8 gears, large adjustable range, which can ensure that the black silver grey 2 tone wig is suitable for most people’s head circumference. Maximum head circumference-22.5 inches
- Suitable for Multiple Occasions：Whether it is dating, wedding, theme party, cosplay, Halloween, daily wear or just for fun, you only need to wear this cute long wavy wig and you will become the focus of the party. The only thing you need to do is to accept tons of compliments from friends
Perhaps the most horrifying of any witches, undead, zombie, or possessed witches have a certain decaying quality that makes you feel as if they’ve crawled out of the grave just to find you. This haunting wig will emphasize that fear, capturing the perfect white grey of age and decay while actually being a very fresh and healthy wig option for all.
- Costume wig crafted of synthetic fibers
- Long and wavy silver-gray wig
- One size fits most adults and older teens
Keeping your wigs in top shape is one of the best ways to ensure you can use them for multiple costumes! Check out our articles here on wig combing and wig shampooing for top care tips that will keep your wigs healthy and long-lasting.
If you enjoyed this article on Witch Wigs for Halloween you might also like to read…