The 1970s are known for a lot of things: disco, flowing hair for men and women, bell bottoms, billowing peasant blouses, and cultural shifts that would change the future. As a decade, its fashion, beauty, and cultural trends centered around the wild and free; less psychedelic than the 60s yet just as much fun. Grooving to the disco beats on any occasion is easy and fun with a stylish Seventies wig that will have everyone thinking “That’s SO 70s!” Today’s blog is all about the best 70s wigs.
Seventies hair is coming back into fashion for a number of reasons. You may be wanting to dazzle the world as a bell-bottomed beauty on Halloween, or perhaps you’re seeking to emulate breeze and stunning Farrah Fawcett hair to match the new bell-bottoms you discovered when shopping last week. You can also use a wig to change up your current hairstyle without having to dramatically cut, color, or alter your existing hair. Folks who wear their hair in protective styles might find an afro wig to be a great way to rock a natural hair look without undoing all the world and protection that’s gone into their current braids or locs. However you choose to rock the seventies look, these wigs will help get you on your way to becoming a true 70s diva.
Best 70s Wigs
For folks looking to emulate the smooth look of seventies icons like Sonny Bono, this wig and mustache set is the perfect start. The wig features a perfectly shaggy, layered brown hairstyle that flops artfully just as men would want in the seventies. The attached mustache completes the ensemble, and the set even features the iconic gold chain that complemented many seventies looks for men and women alike.
- ★ Package Includ : one short brown shaggy wig, one gold chain and one Mustache.
- ★ Mens short 60s Wig and 70s wig, Short Straight Layered Mens Wig in Brown Color.
- ★ Machine Made Rose Net Cap with Adjustable Straps to Grace the Size, Would Fit the Majority.
Farrah Fawcett – For You
Farah Fawcett was the quintessential seventies beauty and fashion icon for women across the world. Her breezy, feathered locks set the standard for hairdressers everywhere, and her light blonde locks drove many a girl to purchase at-home bleaching kits. Made of MatteSilk fiber, this wig is soft, thick, and realistic, meaning it’s easy to style and wash for reuse.
- 70's disco doll costume wig
- Ideal for many costumes, including Hollywood actress, disco diva, and more
- For the fullest look, shake and fluff into style before wearing
Another staple of the seventies, disco dolls wore voluminously curled bangs on top of an otherwise sleek and smooth haircut. Auburn was a very fashionable color as well because of how it looked under disco lights, so many men and women began dying their hair as well to meet that fashion benchmark. Glossy, curly, and sleeker than ever, this was a must-have hairstyle for any girl who loved the discotheques of the seventies.
Long Long Locs
The seventies were one of the first times when raggedy and flowing locks became popular for men as well as women. A tradition that began in the sixties and flowed seamlessly into the seventies, stylish men began rocking long, greasy locks that made older men everywhere demand their sons “cut their hair.” Styled with a headband, a braid, or a simple ponytail, this wig is a great way to honor the rebellious tradition of long-haired men in the seventies.
- CUSTOM DESIGNED: Specially designed for 80s parties,70s parties.
- NATURAL: 100% heat-resistant synthetic fiber, which seems more natural, can be permed by iron for DIY your own style.
- Adjustable Cap Size: High quality rose net cap fits all, the inner cap net with two adjustable straps, which can be intertwined to a fixed position to suitable your head sizes.
Shaggy Curly Afros
Along the line of rebellious hair traditions, men also began using the seventies to allow their curly hair to truly fly free. Matted curly afros that packed close to the head yet sprawled shaggily in all directions became very popular. Today they’re a staple of That Seventies’ Show fans but pay homage to any man looking to style up their seventies look.
- Package Included: 1 x Wig + 1 x Mustache + 1 x Wig Cap
- This mens afro short curly wig is perfect for 70s 80s them party, Costume, Halloween, Cosplay, Daily use or Just fun
- This wig and mustache look just like the picture, made of high quality synthetic fiber, durable for long term use
For men and women with naturally textured hair, natural afro styles weren’t very popular until the Seventies. Then, everything began to change. Supported by growing civil rights movements and Black awareness campaigns, natural hairstyles began turning up everywhere, the most famous of which was certainly the afro. This afro wig sits well on top of protective hairstyles or wig caps, retaining a soft and bouncy appearance despite being synthetic and more cost-effective.
- Material: 70s large short afro wigs for women is made of high quality heat resistant synthetic fiber, which is durable, breathable, and soft. This black afro wigs is comfotable when wearing.Mimic the natural growth of hair with selected material and advanced craft, the nextnol 60s afro wig looks extremely lifelike and natural. Don’t worry your secret of beauty would be found.
- Elegance Style:Afro puff wigs 70's,Weight:160g,Color:Jet Black, Approx 8 inches, Approx 5.9 oz . It is not only a brains 70s wigs for black women hair, but also a mens afro wigs 70's.It is ergonomically designed to make it easy for you to wear a wig.A good natural afro wigs 70's allows your scalp to breathe freely.
- Occasion: The short afro wig suitable for men and women Perfect for Daily Use, Every day Wear, gifts, theme parties, weddings, dating, cosplay, disco and also Halloween party etc.You will shinning in party with natural 70s afro wigs for women. You can get many compliments with 70s black afro kinky curly wig.
Big, Bold, Beautiful Afro
The large and in-charge older sibling of the compact afro, this look was rocked by any man or woman who was unapologetically afraid to share their natural hair with the world. This wig is a feat of nature, featuring kinky yet perfectly coiled 14 inch long strands that wash and rewear with ease. It also features an ombre color effect that’s very on-trend, meaning you can introduce seventies-inspired and modern looks into your wardrobe with little to no effort.
- Basic information: the height of afro curly wigs are 14 inches, the weight of it is 280g,they are very full,but look completely natural,you can wear it not only everyday, but also in many special
- Cap size: the cap size of afro wigs for black women is about 22.5 inch,and there are two adjustment straps inside the wig, which can be intertwined to a fixed position to adjust different head sizes
- Premium material: made of synthetic fiber, which not only enable the wig long term use, look natural and touch soft, but also improve your lifestyle, your sense of taste, social status
Bonus Idea: Following Through with Fashion
While wearing a seventies wig certainly helps introduce seventies elements into your day, you can really seal the deal by pulling in fashion elements from the seventies to complete your transformation into a seventies icon. Bell-bottom jeans, gold jewelry, and tight shirts are one way to begin pulling through trends to complete your ensemble. Men will want to leave the top buttons on their shirts open to emulate the laid-back feel of the decade, while women can also introduce fun, bold colors and sleek silhouettes into their look to call back the days of disco dolls and colorful beauty.
If you liked this article on 70s wigs, you may be interested in learning more about how you yourself can successfully implement wigs in your routine! Check out our wig guides for more helpful tools on getting started with wigs and read our cosplay blogs for other fun character and costume wig ideas.