If you have just bought a wig, chances are that you are browsing the internet for stuff that you will need to keep it looking sassy. Wigs come in all sorts of types and qualities. Some wigs are made from human hair or synthetic hair, with varying price points and quality. As a general rule, a natural human hair wig will last longer than a synthetic wig. What is certain about all of them is that you need to take proper care of them and for that you need these specific wig accessories. This article will guide you through the products you need to keep your wig looking good as new!
1. A wig Cap
One of the most important wig accessories is a wig cap. You can totally rock a wig on your head without one of these. But if you are a regular wig wearer, it is recommended that you get a wig cap. The cap will increase your comfort with the wig a lot.
Wearing a wig naked without a cap might end up causing some sort of irritation on your scalp. Especially for synthetic wigs, you might feel more uncomfortable without wearing a wig cap. A wig cap will also significantly increase the friction. If you are wearing a wig without a cap, chances are that it tends to fall or slip off of your head. A wig cap will generate friction between the wig and your cap and keep it in place.
The most popular types of wig caps are stocking and mesh wig caps. Here’s the top choice for wig caps on Amazon…
- Packing include: 2 pieces nylon wig cap overlap on a card (skin), 1 piece mesh net wig cap is on another card (black), total is 3 pieces wig cap
- One size fit most
- You can have two kinds of wig caps in one time
Investing in a wig cap is quite important for a regular wig wearer. It immensely helps you out and makes your life a lot more comfortable. To find out more you might lie to read this article – do I need a wig cap?
2. Wig Brush
The next important thing you need to buy is a brush for your wig. Just like natural human hair, wig hair also gets tangled if not taken care of properly. Dealing with tangled hair can give you a headache.
If you want to easily detangle your wig hair, the first thing for you to get is a wig brush. Wig brushes are quite similar to hairbrushes. Some brushes come in packs along with combs.
Check out the deals to pick yourself a good brush which will help detangle your wig hair without damaging it. This Dreamlover Wig Brush is a proper example of a good wig Brush.
- Dreamlover wig brush for synthetic wigs contains one ribs synthetic wig brush, one oval wig comb and two hair wig edge brushes. Three different types of wig brush help you to well-dress your synthetic wigs.
- The wig brush for human hair is made of durable plastic without bad smell. The non-slip handle and soft bristles on the wig brush provides the best using experience without harm to skin or scalp.
- The wig brush for synthetic wigs performs well in untangling hair and wigs from pulling out and causing knots and the hair edge brushes for wigs are perfect for sculpting and managing your baby hair along your hairline.
3. Wig Comb
Just like the brush, a wide-tooth comb is something necessary for you to keep your wig looking good as new. A wide-tooth comb is recommended for your wig troubles. After you brush your hair with a wig brush, you need you to comb it down with one of these.
A wide-tooth comb like this SalonSolutions Round Handle detangling comb will help keep your wig detangled for an extended time. Get rid of those pesky knots with this comb.
- Wide-Tooth Comb: The wide, rounded teeth are designed to detangle without breaking your hair or damaging your scalp. Ideal for long, thick hair styles.
- Round Handle: The round handle is easy and comfortable to grip as you style your hair.
- Paddle-Comb: The paddle comb design is great for detangling and styling alike. Use this comb to create volume and bounce using a hair dryer or use it to tame frizz and smooth your hair.
4. Wig Glue
Why do you need wig glue? If you happen to have a laced wig, wig glues can help protect your hair follicles. The wig glues can also be used to maintain a strong bond between the wig and your hair. Wig glues are water-based and don’t damage your scalp.
The Ghost Bond Hair Glue from Professional Labs is a great choice for your head. The glue has an anti-bacterial formula that keeps your hair clean and fresh. It also features a stronghold which makes sure your hair can stay strong.
- Formulated for oily scalps, heavy perspiration, high temperatures and excessive humidity to keep the bond strong between your skin and hair.
- Works well with lace and polyurethane hair units.
- Ghost Bond XL dries quickly leaving a clear, matte finish.
5. Wig Tape
Wig tapes are alternatives to wig glue and are easier to remove. If you are planning to put on a wig for a couple of hours, you can opt for these instead.
A wig tape like the Hypoallergenic Double Sided Tape from HBG can help keep your wig set on top of your head. The tape is non-toxic and flexible. You don’t have to worry about your wig slipping off with one of these.
No products found.
6. Wig Detangler
Usually, a wig conditioner helps straighten up the knots and the tangled hair. But to get extra results, a wig detangling spray is quite useful.
A good detangling spray like the 5 Second Detangler from Ebin can aid you in your wig troubles. Get rid of those tangled hairs in no time by adding a spray of this before brushing.
7. Wig Shampoo and Conditioner
Normal shampoo and conditioner are not recommended for wigs. Especially for synthetic wigs, you need to get special shampoo and conditioners. Many companies make these for wigs.
To keep your wigs soft and shiny, you need to regularly wash them and condition them. Pick out a good combo of these products and get rid of your worries.
8. Wig Band
Similar to a hairband, wig bands help tying up your wig hair in an effective manner. You can get many bands made especially for wigs in the market. Normal hairbands may not work with synthetic wigs. That’s why you need these wig bands.
9. Wig Stand
Now comes to storing your wig. If you stash your wig by throwing it into the closet, there is a chance that it will degrade sooner. You need to keep it supported or it will surely get tangled over time. So invest in a stand to not to have to deal with tangled hair anymore.
10. Wig Hanger
This is another option you can think of getting for storing your wig. As an alternative to the stand, you can get one of these hangers. You can keep your wig in your closet by hanging it from a hanger.
You’ll find many durable hangers in the stores. Pick out a hanger that wouldn’t cost too much and will last long.
Further Reading on Wig Accessories
Maintaining your wig can be a hectic job. But if you have the proper wig accessories, you can easily take good care of it. Go out and get these if you want your wig to keep looking fresh and fine! For more information you can take a look at the article about brushing a wig.