Today I’m talking about Arbonne Clear Future – fabulous skincare containing Salycillic acid which is excellent for acne prone skin.
What is Acne and what Causes Acne?
As a teenager, I suffered from severe acne. It wasn’t nice to experience growing up and I didn’t know how to get rid of spots. There was a lot of bullying which had a negative impact on my self esteem. My acne continued into my late twenties, even early thirties. It is only now that I am 33 that I have managed to resolve the problem. This comes from spending a lot of time and money on different products. I wanted to share what I found with others who are experiencing acne, to help people to get rid of their spots and increase their confidence.
Acne is a skin condition where the pores (tiny holes in the skin or hair follicles) get blocked with dirt or access sebum (oil). Dirt and oil block up the pores of the skin to cause blackheads. When the pores become completely blocked, the blackheads can turn into whiteheads or yellow pustules. In severe acne, the skin can look extremely red and angry around the infected area.
Contrary to popular myths, acne is not a result of poor diet or personal hygiene. It is generally a result of hormonal imbalance, which is why 7 out of 10 teenagers suffer from it. Sadly, some people just have an oily skin type. There are certain lifestyle habits and skin care routines that can prevent acne or blemishes. I am going to share my tips on keeping acne prone skin clear and how to get rid of spots.
How to get Rid of Spots – Tips for Acne Prone Skin
- Try to eat healthily – more fresh fruit and veg than fatty foods.
- Products with Salycillic acid and retinoids are good for acne.
- Try to avoid picking spots as breaking the skin can make it prone to infection.
- Swimming and sunshine can help, but remember to protect the skin from UV rays with SPF.
- Take make up off before bed, as it can clog pores and cause more blackheads and spots.
Arbonne Clear Future – Top Product containing Salycilic Acid
Arbonne clear control set is my favourite product that has helped to get rid of spots. The key ingredient is salycilic acid. The clear control set contains a facial wash, toner and moisturising lotion. There is also an acne spot treatment that you can dot directly onto a spot to clear the blemish.
I like Arbonne products because they are dermatologist tested and not tested on animals. They are botanically based and not too harsh on the skin.
Some people think that if you have acne, you shouldn’t moisturise the skin, because drier skin means less oil. However, this is not true – the skin can actually produce more sebum if it is drying out too much. Also, by moisturising spotty skin, the moisture will help spots and blemishes to heal.
Disclaimer: I am NOT registered as an Arbonne independent consultant, but I DO have experience using the products.
- Arbonne RE9 Eye Cream Review – This is THE BEST eye cream I have ever used!
- Arbonne Intelligence Genius – My top Retinoid Skincare product.
- What’s in My Make Up Bag? – Products from my favorite beauty companies including MAC, Arbonne and Urban Decay