If you’re looking for natural, smooth, and flawless wigs that look so normal they could be your regular hair, look no further than a lace-front wig. These sleek and smooth wig styles allow for easy wear and styling while looking all natural and classy. Celebrities everywhere love wearing these stylish and versatile lace-front options because it allows them to transform their appearance instantly without tons of work or hair damage while looking natural.
Lace-front wigs provide so many options when it comes to care, styling, and maintenance, but they can also seem a bit intimidating to the uninitiated wig wearer. Being able to put on a lace front wig is an important skill to master, so we’ve put together a handy guide that will walk you through every step to make sure you have a perfectly blended and flawless lace front look every time you need it! Enjoy this guide on How to put on a Lace Front Wig.
How to Prepare, Apply, and Wear a Lace-Front Wig
1. Blending Your Hairline
Blending your hairline in with your wig is essential for a natural and flush to the hairline look. When it comes to putting on a lace front wig, you’ll first need to ensure your hairline is flat and smooth. Some people may find this task simple since they have very little or no hair. If this is the case, then your lace will sit neatly against your bald hairline. If you have any natural hair, you may want to invest in a wig cap in order to help blend your hairline flush to your head. Consider purchasing a wig cap in order to help with this.
- 3 Patterns: 8 pack of stocking caps (dark brown, light brown), 2 pack of net cap (black), fit for different style needs. Each 2 packed in 1 cardboard, elastic, durable and reusable, serve you for a long time.
- Stretchy & Nonslip: Made of elastic nylon, the stretchy wig caps conform to the head without being too tight, fit for most hair styles and head sizes. Thicker and wider elastic band, hold your hair firmly without slipping off, and against the itchy lace front of wigs.
- Comfortable & Natural: Lightweight, soft, elastic, non-itchy, sweat-absorption, breathable for scalp, comfortable for wearing. Ultra-thin and soft, has nice adhesion to scalp, help put your hair in trimly, look natural.
If you have shorter hair to conceal, pinning your hair back with small kirby grips or bobby pins should do the trick. Use hair gel, sprays, or other tightening glues to ensure your hairline stays flat and flush to the head. For girls with lace or wig caps that do not match their natural skin tone, you may also want to apply some concealer or foundation along your hairline to make sure everything blends perfectly. Just remember to allow all of your products to dry before continuing on to the next step.
- Jumbo Value Approximately 400 count Brown Bobby Pins
- Comes in AMAZING reusable tin a $10 value
- 1.9 inch Super Bob Pins
2. Prepare Your Wig
The next step is to make sure your wig is prepared and ready for application. A good idea is to wash your wig before use to make sure that there’s no outstanding dirt or other buildup that might damage the way your wig wears on your scalp. We have some great guides on how to wash your wig – shampoo for human hair wigs. You’ll also want to make sure your wig is properly detangled in order to achieve perfect application and styling. Give your wig a thorough combing and be sure that the lace is snug and smooth as well. Lastly, try your wig on over your scalp (before you blend your hairline or apply a wig cap) to make sure the fit is correct. Do any adjusting that you need to ensure your wig fits snugly and securely to the scalp.
3. Apply Your Wig
Once your wig is prepared and your hairline is blended, it’s time to slide on your wig. Hook both your pointer fingers under the front edge of the wig and slowly move it towards your scalp. Hook the base of the wig on the back of your head and use your fingers to pull the wig firmly over the scalp and down onto your forehead. Once the wig is on, move your wig back and adjust it as needed so that the hairline sits naturally on your forehead. If your lace is precut, use that as a marker for where you want the hairline to sit; if not, simply adjust in front of a mirror until the wig looks natural.
- Premium Material：Heat Resistant, 100% Japanese Kanekalon fibers make the hair natural. we use the imported synthetic fiber to make sure our products in high quality as well,which is soft and natural looking.What's more it's allowed to trim it according to your style.
- Various Wearing Occasion： It can be used all year round, whether for costume cosplay, Halloween, fashion, theme parties, wedding, dating ,daily wear, parties & fashion show and any other occasions.
- Unique Style：The Blond Wig Looks full of personality and fashion
4. Stick, Trim and Tweak
Once your wig is positioned correctly, you can begin applying or sealing your adhesive if you’re using some (We like to use Ghost Bond XL wig glue).
- LIGHT HOLD HAIR REPLACEMENT GLUE, ADHESIVE – Our Ghost Bond XL Adhesive is specially formulated for use as a pressure sensitive adhesive and glue for bonding hair replacement systems to skin and scalp. Our products are researched, manufactured and rigorously tested to ensure high-quality, exceptional performance and safety.
- INVISIBLE BONDING FOR POLY & LACE SYSTEMS – Ghost Bond XL Adhesive is safe for use on both poly and lace hair replacement systems and creates an invisible bond after application. This invisible bonding helps to hide your hairline and creates a natural look for your wig or toupee for both men and women alike.
- FORMULATED FOR OILY SCALPS, HIGH HUMIDITY & HEAVY PERSPIRATION – Ghost Bond XL Adhesive by Pro Hair Labs is specially formulated for those with oily skin and scalps, heavy perspiration and those in climates with high moisture and humidity. Our formula also has a higher melting point than other polyurethane and lace front wig and toupee glues, enabling you to rest easy that your hair will remain in place.
Wig tape or glue can work well here to fasten your wig down. Smooth glue in place, cover with a headband, and blow dry for maximum sealing effect. Once this is complete, you’ll want to trim any excess lace off the front of your wig and begin plucking or tweaking any stray hairs along the front of your hairline to ensure that your hair looks natural and full without seeming overly fake or wig-like. Don’t go overboard here, but do make sure that you’re looking closely to make sure you don’t have any stray hairs coming from unrealistic locations on your forehead or hairline.
5. Spray and Complete
Once your wig is fully secured to your head and trimmed exactly how you like it, spray it over with a detangling or finishing spray and begin to style as desired.
- MATERIAL: 100% Soft Heat Resistant Fiber Length: 26 inch - Weight :290g - Color: 7 Color - Texture: Long Curly Wave Wig
- FREE SIDE - adjustable net-cap fits most head size, 100% breathable rose within the network make you feel comfortable when you wear it,average fit 21.25 - 22.25 inches head circumference.
- Please note: All wigs will shed slightly especially when you wear for the first time, which is normal. Colors may vary slightly depending on your personal computer or cellphone monitor settings. We do try our best to accurately represent colors on all of our products.
Putting on a lace-front wig may seem like a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be! With patience and expert advice, your wig will seem natural and realistic no matter what kind of application or installation was required. If you enjoyed this blog on How to put on a Lace Front Wig, you might like to read about